Monday, May 9, 2011

TOP 10 BOOK LIST: Losing My Virginity and Other Dumb Ideas


My book made it to the TOP 10 List!!!
And I didn't even have to pay anyone or rig it! Honestly! There IS a GOD!

I had been working like a mad person trying to achieve something for so long; Trying to find a footing onto something that would give me happiness from the inside even if it didn't gave me any money..not that I was making any with any other job..but it was time I did something for myself and something for my daughter to be proud of me for. I wanted to leave a legacy for her. I didn't know what.

Sunday Hindustan Times paper found it for me. The legacy I could leave my daughter.

I know my 15 mins of fame will die out and people will forget me. I know I don't need to harp on this achievement and drag it out. I know there will be brickbats from so many..most of them friends...
But I also know that this gives me an incentive to do better, write better, be better. It makes me realise that I don't have to go to an ac office to work 20 hours a day to earn for my child. It makes me realise that the path not taken might be a better one....The dreams that took so long to be fulfilled will come true...And belief and patience are the virtues of a strong soul.

I'm happy for that little bit that I've got for now... 

9 comments:

harini calamur said...

congratulations - well done :)

kooks said...

Your convictions are going to take you places. Just believe in yourself.

Madhuri Banerjee said...

Thanks so much :)

newmumontheblock said...

Congratulations, this was a really inspiring post. I'm sure you daughter will be really proud of you :)

ghosh said...

well done. I have been following your blog post and they are funny and serious at the same time. I think you deserve this.

Madhu Nair said...

Congratulations !
Was introduced to your blog recently. It is always nice to see folks excelling in fields other than their regular day jobs.
Cheers,
Madhu

Naina Gupta said...

Hey Madhuri,
I found your blog after reading the International Chick Lit Month website.
Your book sounds like such a great read.

Congratulations on making the top ten!

Madhuri Banerjee said...

Thank you so much! Keep enjoying and posting feedback!

Anonymous said...

Hi...just read 2 of your books..scandalous house wives and my clinchy girlfriend.....wonderful....it was kind of an eye opener for me....to know women apart from societies rigid perspective.....thank you so much for writing these books

Reserved for One: A poem

We don't trust enough We don't pour out our hearts  Telling all our secrets, our fears and surrendering to each other. Comple...