Friday, April 1, 2011

Bombay Times Reviews Losing My Virginity And Other Dumb Ideas!!!

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Repository/ml.asp?Ref=VE9JTS8yMDExLzA0LzAxI0FyMDQ2MDI%3D

Losing My Virginity and Other Dumb Ideas by Madhuri Banerjee Kaveri is thirty, single, knows seven languages, is an interpreter by profession, has read all the books about men and how to get a date. Yet all her bookish knowledge cannot get her a real date. Since ‘The One Great Love’ of her life has eluded her for thirty years, she decides she has waited enough and that it is high time she had some ‘action’— love or no love. On her thirtieth birthday, she makes a resolution to lose her virginity. But the path of love or lust is as twisted as it comes as her resolution takes her on a roller coaster ride and life will never be the same. Ideas, ideals about love and life will undergo a complete rehash, compelling her to rethink about all the benchmark that she has set for all the neatly compartmentalised sections of her life like love, family, friends, etc. The book starts off as a chicklit, goes on to become one of those M&B romantic tales and finally ends in Kaveri’s spiritual contentment very Paulo Coelho-esque. You have to be fond of all three genres to be able to enjoy Losing My Virginity and Other Dumb Ideas as it encompasses every womans’ journey of accepting herself and her life’s adversities.

Penguin Books, Rs 150

2 comments:

HerRandom By Pree said...


Hi Madhuri,

Losing My Virginity & Other Dumb Ideas > My Relationship-Guide I must call it (Y)!! I 'd Rate this, ur best..
forms part of my Close-to-heart-collection.
I am planning to gift LMV&ODI to a close friend But, to my surprise & shock I am unable to find the version I am looking for..
The one with Pink-Peach-Cover..
I don't know why but am so desperate about the cover,Let me know if you could be of help:)

Madhuri Banerjee said...

Thank you so much Preethi.
THis cover was discontinued when they printed the new cover.
I know it's so pretty but the new book cover is also so attractive.
Hope you will still get it. After all the content inside doesn't change!

Reserved for One: A poem

We don't trust enough We don't pour out our hearts  Telling all our secrets, our fears and surrendering to each other. Comple...