Saturday, July 7, 2018

Letter from a Hogwarts Teacher to Hermione

My daughter Ariaana is a big Harry Potter fan.
For her summer holidays she's gone to spend time with her grandparents. So I thought I'd write her a letter. But not just as her mom, as a Hogwarts Teacher. And since her favorite character is Hermione-  I addressed it to the character. 



Dear Hermione,
This is the third time you've not attended my class! I know you think divination is completely useless but if you don't pass my class young lady, Dumbledore won't allow you to go to the next grade. 
But instead of insisting that you attend my class let me try to convince you my dear that what I know you can't learn anywhere else.
Your birthday is on September 19, 1979. 
In Tarot your birth cards add up to  19, 10, 18, 9. 
They're the Sun, Wheel of Fortune,  the Moon, and the Hermit. 

You will always have wonder in your life, innocence and high vibrancy. But sometimes you can hv mood swings and you must be aware of them and not let them bother you. 

And you obviously already know that you'll be very fortunate in whatever you undertake. 

However there will be times when you'll need solitude. You'll need to introspect. And when you reach out for friends, they won't be able to understand you as well as you understand them. I pray that you realise then that there is inner light,wisdom and guidance from the universe that will always help you and you will find success. 

As I look into my crystal ball I can see that you're loving the nature around you right now and are in no mood to study at all! You've also developed some new skill? Is that so? What is it? 

Are you liking this new skill? 

I can see several people listening to your words as you speak. You hold their attention. You'll be a good leader and commander. 

Oohhhh there's something else that's coming up. Beware of becoming too full of yourself. No one likes so much ego darling. So don't only talk about yourself. Ask questions about others. 

Harry seems to like you a lot. Ron is a bit of a scaredy cat. You don't need boys on your life right now anyway! 

I'm going to end this letter by saying that not everything needs to be practical logical and rational in life. While science is making progress, there are several unexplained mysteries of the universe. To understand people better we don't need science, we need divination. A divine power that comes from God. 

Not everything in life will have answers through logic. Some answers will come from seeking divine intervention, meditation and mindfulness. 

Stay true to your inner strength while I'm trying to stay strong and not lose my marbles in this class with all these hooligans. Where is Neville? He's not here either! 

Divinely yours,
Professor Trelawney 




No comments:

Reserved for One: A poem

We don't trust enough We don't pour out our hearts  Telling all our secrets, our fears and surrendering to each other. Comple...