Thursday, April 24, 2014

Advantage Love Book Review - Book Geeks Blogger

advantage love madhuri banerjee book reviewBy for Rupa Publications

 
I have read Madhuri Banerjee’s work before. It was much before we envisaged BookGeeks and thus, I never got a chance to post its review on our website. “Advantage Love” is way more complicated and demanding in terms of writing than “Losing My Virginity and Other Dumb Ideas” was, but I must say that, Madhuri has done a really good job out of it. When I sat down to read this book (with its charming title and beautiful cover design), I already had a preconceived notion in my mind; that which said that this book is going to be yet another of those, which proves the point – don’t judge a book by its cover (and title).
 
To say that Madhuri’s writing has matured over time would be a great understatement for she has conked-out all my notions and proved me (and I believe everybody else who read her first book) wrong. But more on that later; let’s get on with a hint of the story first. Trisha is a strong opinionated and independent girl from Lucknow, who comes to the city of Delhi for her formal education at the JNU (Jawaharlal Nehru University). She is a simple grounded girl who is leading a quite simple life until she meets Vedant Dheeraj Kirloskar, the debonair and effervescent son of a high standing Maharashtra politician. As Vedant tries his level best to win over Trisha, she too falls deeply for him.
 
As their college life progresses, so does their romance, but, life comes to a standstill when their college is over. Their relationship, with Vedant failing to give a firm commitment, fails to shed its status quo and falls over. Trisha is shattered, but nevertheless moves on, swearing to never fall in love again. But eight months down the line, she falls for Abhimanyu, a leading tennis star and a celebrity in the making. Both are in love but lead separate lives in separate places. As the curse of long distance befalls their relationship too, both are confused as ever. In amidst this confusion, Trisha comes across Vedant again and this time he wants her back too. So, who will Trisha choose? Her never ending flame Vedant or the compassionate Abhimanyu? To find out about Trisha’s final decision, do read the book.
 
I may not be able to tell you who would be Trisha’s choice, but I can surely tell you that, the book, in its entirety is indeed very interesting. A good plot, complimented by impressive characters is what makes the book so special and worth a good read. The language is kept simple and the narration in third person is indeed overwhelming. The writing style is simple, yet expressive, enabling instant connections with the readers. Thus, my verdict is clear. The book is surely the one to go after and I therefore, sincerely recommend it to all my readers.
 

Buy it here: http://www.flipkart.com/advantage-love/p/itmds3hgffrvnxqd?pid=9788129130020&otracker=from-search&srno=t_3&query=advantage+love&ref=20898c40-882c-412c-b296-6949602d9c6f

2 comments:

Neha Shayari said...

I loved this book very much. It was a very refreshing and enjoyable experience. I know that I shouldn???t be comparing but when I was reading about Vedant and Trisha, I couldn???t help myself from comparing these two with Abhay Deol and Sonam Kapoor from the movie Ranjhana. There were too many similarities between these two couple.

Keeping aside the movie part, reading this book was like breathing the fresh air and watching the rainbow. Yes, that???s how much I enjoyed the book. Each and every word of the book was so well written that I couldn???t keep the book down even for a second.

The way Vedant whispers beautiful poems in Trisha???s ears actually gave me Goosebumps.

Trisha???s confusion about the two ruggedly handsome guys in her life is so well described that you can actually feel it and you yourself start experiencing the same confusion and tries to decide that which guy she should actually choose.

There is a part in the book, when Abhimanyu, Trisha and Leander are sitting in American Diner and Trisha gets jealous of all the female attention that Abhimanyu is being showered on. Trisha gets irritated and ties her hair with the clip. At that point, Abhimanyu very swiftly opens her clip and keep it in his hand till the meal is over. I don???t know why but this is the part I liked the most in the book.

Madhuri Banerjee said...

Thanks so much Neha.

Reserved for One: A poem

We don't trust enough We don't pour out our hearts  Telling all our secrets, our fears and surrendering to each other. Comple...